Your client has been informed that an S corporation is a popular business form and wants to know more about it. Please write a professional memo to your client responding to his inquiry. Be sure to at least discuss the following items:
- What is an S corporation?
- When is it advisable to be taxed as an S corporation?
- How does an organization become an S corporation?
- If The Car Wash is a corporation, can they be taxed as an S corporation?
- Why or why not?
- What criteria must be met?
- If The Car Wash is a LLC, can it be taxed as an S corporation?
- If so, what does it need to do to elect S corporation status?
- How would The Car Wash report and pay tax if it is an S corporation?