Employees in all businesses train for years on ways to obtain efficiency without sacrificing accuracy. â€œBest practicesâ€ and standardized procedures were once the human employeesâ€™ goals. With the increasing capabilities in business intelligence technology, organizations can turn human best practices into machine-driven processes. By doing so, it is possible to harness the massive quantities of information already contained within an accounting system in a more strategic manner.
As part of the initial process to automate accounting tasks, accounting staff knowledgeable about the organizationâ€™s operations and conventional methods needed to assess which tasks could be automated and how quickly. For this assignment, you will formulate a â€œmappingâ€ plan as if you were beginning the process of accounting system automation for a governmental unit. Utilizing the required reading content on process automation, assess the following and provide support for your response.
- What overall considerations do you think you would make in deciding whether or not to automate an organization?
- How will you assess a particular task on its ability to be automated?
For the next 3 questions, please create a table in MS Word to summarize your responses with your written response and rationale to follow in the Word document.
- Which of the accounting entries covered in this or previous modules would be suitable for process automation? Provide at least 5 along with your rationale.
- Which entries could be automated but might require human interaction to review for accuracy? Provide at least 5 along with your rationale.
- Which entries are nearly impossible to automate? Provide at least 5 along with your rationale.
- Submit your responses to the questions in a 3-4-page document in MS Word as indicated. Label each question clearly.
- For written answers, please make sure your responses are well written.
- The assignment should follow APA guidelines for the use of subheadings, 1â€ margins, and double-spaced.
- The required number of pages for the assignment does not include the title page and references page.
- References need to include your textbook plus two additional credible academic references. All sources used, including your textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations and cited per APA guidelines.