Week 4: Designs: A Plan to Study for the Truth
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 & 8)
This week we learned how research designs are different and help us to objectively study nursing problems; the key is to decide which type of research and design will serve the purpose or intent to find a solution. After completing Week 4 readings and lesson, answer the following:
- Reflect on your learning about Quantitative and Qualitative research; share two ways that helped you understand how they are different.
- Chose one category of study design that you found interesting and describe; include how you believe it can help study nursing problems.
- Refer back to your article you located for your Week 3 Assignment and answer the following: (*if you were unsuccessful with your article search, search the library again for an article)
- Locate and describe the type of research and the study design.
oExplain how the design supported the purpose/intent of the study.